Thursday 5 April 2012

Afghanistan's First Female Boxer


An arena where the Taliban employed to execute ladies provides a chilling and incongruous placing for a single teen girl's unlikely Olympic dream.
But the dusty floors, damaged mirrors, and poorly-lit hallways inside Kabul's Ghazni stadium happen to be the coaching base for 17-year-old “Sadaf Rahimi”.
Dressed in a track go well with, red lace up boots and a blue bandana, she is on course to grow to be Afghanistan's initially female Olympic boxer and just the 3rd Afghan sportswoman to contend at an Olympic Games.
"The 1st time I hit an individual it absolutely was in my village, I had been eleven. It had been in fact my cousin," she informed CNN for the duration of a break from coaching. "Afterwards he stated I strike him so hard that I need to develop into a boxer!"
She did just that. A wild card from your Olympic committee has propelled the pupil towards the London games this summer time, a daunting prospect offered the modest sources at her disposal.

More World Latest News:-

Seven killed in Balochistan
US Drone attack in Pakistan
$10m Bounty on Hafiz Muhammad Saeed

0 comments:

Post a Comment